COSTS AND CHARGES FOR TENANTS
WE ARE UP-FRONT WITH OUR FEES AND CHARGES SO YOU DON’T GET A NASTY SHOCK WHEN YOU FIND YOUR PERFECT HOME.
The rental process
We may find and rent a property to you within a matter of days, so you need to understand the rental process before finding a private property to rent. To protect both tenant and landlord interests you will have to go through a series of referencing checks and sign a legally binding tenancy agreement. We help you at every stage of the complex rental process, including making and negotiating an offer.
Costs of renting a home
There are three types of costs you need to budget for when renting a property. The first is the rent that you must pay each month. The second are the bills you have to pay on top of the rent. The third is to budget for is the deposit you need to pay at the start of the tenancy – usually the equivalent of between 6 to 8 weeks rent.
Our tenant charges
Working with you to find a property that matches your needs is a free service we carry out on behalf of our landlords. Once we have found a home for you to rent, our charges are:
- Administration and Reference checks for one person (by an independent company): £250 plus VAT (£300)
- Reference checks for each additional person 18 and over (by an independent company): £50 plus VAT (£60)
- Extension and renewal documentation (paid at renewal): £50 plus VAT (£60)
- Move Out/Deposit return Administration fee £50 plus VAT (£60)
- Other bills, over and above your rent, will be explained for each individual property by one of our lettings experts.
New Tenants please note
Please note that the administration/reference fees paid are non-refundable should you decide not to proceed with the rental, or if any adverse references should be received and the tenancy cannot complete.
- Studio/1 bed £80 + VAT
- 2 bed £90 + VAT
- 3 bed £110 + VAT
- 4 bed £150 + VAT
- 5 bed POA
Cost of Inventory Services
The cost of inventory services for the Check Out (when you leave the property) is charged to the tenant; but costs for preparing the Inventory plus Check In services are paid by the landlord. Typical Check Out charges are shown below. Actual costs may vary and will depend upon property and location. More accurate details can be provided once property selection is confirmed.